Ryan Dunn (born June 11, 1977 in Medina, Ohio) has appeared on Jackass, Viva La Bam, Homewrecker, and is a member of the CKY Crew. Ryan played the main character in Bam Margera’s film Haggard, which was based on a failed relationship Ryan had experienced.
He was born in Medina, Ohio, but moved to Pennsylvania with his parents in his early teens in an attempt to clean up a developing drug habit
Dunn is known for wrecking cars; he once flipped a car 8 times into oncoming traffic with Bam Margera, Jess Margera (who suffered a cracked wrist), and Chris Raab in the car. Years later, Ryan was driving a golf cart with Johnny Knoxville while filming a skit for Jackass: The Movie. The idea was that he would launch the golf cart over a sandtrap and into a plastic statue of a giant pig, and the statue would simply be crushed. However, the statue did not crush but instead forced the golf cart into the air and it landed upside down. Ryan was thrown from the cart, but Johnny landed on his neck and the cart landed on top of him. He was knocked out for a while but was not seriously injured. They stopped filming the skit at that point. In the commentary for the movie, Bam Margera noted Dunn’s bad driving.
A skit in Jackass: The Movie featured Ryan Dunn placing a toy car up his rectum. The car was placed inside a condom and covered in lubricant. He then visited a doctor and complained of pain in his lower back, only for the doctor to take x-rays and discover that a small car was lodged in his body. Steve-O was the original talent for the piece but ultimately refused to do it, stating that his dad would be extremely disappointed if he did it. The x-ray showing the car inside Dunn can be seen on the menu page inside the DVD case of the film. Dunn was also featured in Jackass Number Two.
In 2005 MTV gave Dunn a show of his own entitled Homewrecker. The show featured Dunn helping people get their own back on friends who had victimized them by “wrecking” their homes.
He also went on a tour with Don Vito called The Dunn and Don Vito Rock tour Fight Paris was one of the bands that played.
- Dunn was a contestant on the celebrity gameshow Commando VIP on UK station Channel 5. In the show he played against other celebrities as part of a crack commando squad.
- Has several self-administered tattoos on his upper legs including “Blair Witch” and Red Hot Chili Peppers symbols. He also has one on his foot saying 5+4=9. He had this done for the Scavenger Hunt episode on Viva la Bam.
- Has recently designed a new shoe with DVS Shoe Company called the “Random Hero”.
- Has two cats: Bam Jr. and Fuzzy Glomb
- Broke his wrist at 16, when he was skateboarding and grabbed onto the side mirror of a car which caused him to become airborne.
RyanDunn.tv – Ryan Dunn’s Official Website